Sunday, January 1, 2012

Years End

This blog has encapsulated and documented a huge portion of this journey and has been such a blessing.  Especially, as Maddi has tried to piece together the jumbled mess of memories that are in her brain from the early days.  Much of this story has remained private and there are so many sacred experiences that I haven’t been able to share. This journey has changed us forever in so many ways, we hope and feel for the better.

We have been blessed beyond our ability to even hope for.  I hope that in some way your life has been touched by following our story. I would love to hear how you have been blessed and the miracles you have been given.

I intended this post to be the blogs end, but as I have let that idea simmer I have felt a pulling to continue. I love to reflect with gratitude on the blessings and the miracles but I actually don’t spend much time thinking about the details of the past because it isn’t all that helpful in the NOW. But every so often a memory wakes me from my sleep and I find myself again in the storytelling mode.

In this defining time we have learned:

  • God knows and loves each of us individually not just as a collective whole.
  • God hears and answers all prayers, even the ones you are afraid to ask for.
  • God is aware of our struggles and know exactly how to provide for us, emotionally, spiritually and physically.
  • We are stronger than we think and things are never as bad as we fear them to be and even if they are, we will make it through it.

 

IMAG0075

 

IMAG0075

Christmas 2010- No talking, walking, eye contact or smiling.

************************************************************

IMG_20110727_171009

IMG_20110727_171009 (1)

July 2011….. Getting there, little by little. Learning to use facial expressions, she is walking, talking, laughing and smiling.

**************************************************************

DSC_2482

 

DSC_2482

Christmas 2011……….can you see the improvement in just a few short months? Happy New Year!

We are so truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment