Friday, July 8, 2011

Faith To Live–By Maddi

My journey through recovery has made me realize how much faith it takes to just live an ordinary life. Ordinary, for me, now is not the ordinary it used to be.The more I go about my daily life the more I realize how much faith and a testimony is needed. Faith is always important but especially during trials.

Knowing that Heavenly Father is there and knows each and every one of us gives me an assurance that He will help us through each and every trial and that He does hear and answer our prayers. One thing I've learned is that mortality and our physical bodies influence many of our flaws.

What I Have Learned About Mortality:

  • Our bodies are limited
  • We can only do our best and the Lord will pick up the rest
  • Our knowledge of the scheme of things is limited
  • We don't have to know it all
  • Material things don't matter
  • Telling ourselves we don't have flaws doesn't make them go away
  • God made all of us different for a reason
  • What we tell ourselves makes all the difference
  • We cannot tell ourselves that perfect is attainable because it's not, without the Savior
  • All of us fit somewhere in the Lord's plan
  • We have to have faith to fulfill all of our promises to Heavenly Father
  • Family is there to help us
  • Each of us has a purpose here
  • We all chose to come here

My journey is hard, but faith makes it easier. When a started speaking I said, “It takes faith to live.”

I may not have understood how applicable it would be at the time, but I sure do now.

2 comments:

  1. Maddi you are so amazing and wise beyond your years. I loved everything about this post...there is so much wisdom and truth to it! I can see myself coming back to it often...it really lifted my Spirits and helped me realze what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Maddi! You said everything I needed to hear =)

    ReplyDelete