Saturday, February 5, 2011

My First Week Home - By Maddi

Home is wonderful but it is kind of lonely and boring being home all day long. I like to branch out and talk to other people. I work hard and I am doing lots but I kind of miss school because I miss my friends.

I like it when my friends come over. It makes me feel normal again to hang out. I know I haven't learned everything that I need to learn but it is nice to feel normal again.

I like going to my therapies. I met my new Occupational Therapist, his name is Darin. He seems nice. I like him a lot. Darin told me I needed to do this bean bag game to improve my reaction time and eye/hand coordination. It seems silly but I kind of like it. Darin is great but here is a shout out to, Teira, Lisa and Melanie, thanks for helping me relearn everything at Primary Children's. I miss you!

I like goofing off and joking around with my siblings, Mason and Brooke. I missed them a lot when I was at the hospital. I really looked forward to them coming on the weekends to visit me. It made me happy when they would come to visit. It helped me work hard during therapy during the week. It gave me something to look forward to; going home and seeing them on the weekends. It has been great TT (Tease Therapy) to be with them. Thanks Mason, Brookee,Mom and Dad!

I went to lunch with Dad and Brookee and I found out that I like the Italian Place. The sandwich I like to eat is called the Manhattan. I ended up trading sandwiches with my dad. We traded my ham sandwich for his Manhattan! It had steak, eggs and cheese; Yummy!

We went to Wal-mart twice and saw Brooke's Ballroom coaches both times. What a coincidence, the woman is pregnant and she must be nesting.

I went with my dad to pick up Josie from the groomer. Here is a conversation we had.

I said to my dad, " I almost stepped in doggy doo doo."
He said, "You have to be careful of that here because there are a lot of dogs coming and going. " I said,"Especially going!!"
We had a good laugh at that!

So now you know what my week has been like. Hope you enjoyed the story.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. Keep up the good work. When ever you are ready we will come for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so jealous you went to the Italian Place!!!! It's one of my favorites and I haven't been there since before you were born (wow I must be old!)
    I'm glad you are home, but I do miss being able to drive a short distance to visit, but the short distance is all I miss, glad you are not there anymore!!!
    Hopefully we can come visit sometime, when the pox are gone of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun over at your house yesterday! You were doing so great and we hung out just like before the accident! Hahahahaha we made a lot of jokes about TBI and it was so much fun! Glad the rest of your week was great to! Can't wait until I can come over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having you in YW today was WONDERFUL Maddi! Having you back definitley made me feel like our little group was complete. I haven't eaten at the Italian Place for a long time. I'm glad you reminded me of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iam happy you are home and doing so well. You are a very talented writer and obviously have a keen sense of humour. I love reading your blogs, no matter who writes them. I hope you scrapbook them so always remember the hard work you had to do to get better. And to see how far you have come is sucha a short time. Maybe one day we will met you. Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually there is a website you can go to that will print off and bind your blog into a book. A friend of mine did it, but I can't remember what the website is called, but she said you can tell them from when to when, to print. I have sent her a message asking her in care you are interested in doing something like that.

    Anyways, keep up the awesome work Maddi, you are such a strength to us all & your journey brings us all hope. You're a very remarkable young lady & I hope you never forget it. I wish I knew you. (I am Amanda Prince and I am one of your Mom's first cousins, so we are 'first cousins, once removed').

    I am so thankful that I have been able to get to know you and your Mom through this blog, such a shame that it took this horrible incident to bring us together though. I have much love, respect, hope & delight for you, your Mom and the rest of your immediate family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The website can be found at http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/cutestblog/index.html if you're interested in doing that. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you with it!!!

    ReplyDelete