Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ancestors by Maddi

I have told many of you about how I saw some of my ancestors while I was in my coma. I thought it would be nice to share all that I can remember about those loved ones. Of course, I didn't know any of them personally because they went to a better place when I was just a baby or before I was born. And let me tell you that the "better place" is so much better than here. I know because I was there.

When I was in that place I felt happy and loved. It was filled with family and people who love me. Jesus and Heavenly Father were there and they love us! It isn't in the clouds like people think. When I was there it was like being in two places at once. I would be hovering over my body but surrounded by my ancestors. I was there with my body at the hospital but I was in Heaven too. I don't know how it works but that is just the way it was for me.

The ancestor that stayed with me the most was Grandma Beth Prince. My mom's maternal grandmother for those who don't know who I am talking about. I call her my guardian angel but she didn't have wings. When I saw her she was tall, not hunched over, and she was healthy and beautiful. She wasn't old but not exactly young either. It was a wonderful sight to see! I felt loved when I was with her.
  • She told me that she wanted me to get better and that she wanted me to have a happy life.
  • She told me she loved me and that a lot of people on earth love me too.
  • She said she wished she could have known me on earth.
  • She told me that I was very, very blessed.

I feel close to Grandma Beth now even though I never knew her on earth. I still love her and I am glad she watched over me. Thank you Grandma Beth!

Daisy, Dorothy and Margaret also visited me for short times. They must have had other people to take care of but that is OK. I love them too and they were beautiful! I don't know which Great Grandmother I know and love the best but I love them all. They all wanted me to get better and they said that they loved me. They all said that I needed to go back to my family and I understand why.

I didn't want to come back because I couldn't move or talk and I felt really loved. It was a different love than here. I tell you this Jesus is the best hugger in the world and he loves us all. When I was with Jesus, it was the best feeling in the world. It wasn't that I just felt loved but it felt like LOVE. I can't explain the difference but I know it's there. It was like every cell in my body believed in him and that he loved me. Why wouldn't my body want to believe? It is true!

Jesus told me:

  • That I needed to go back to my family because it was not my time.
  • He loves me.
  • The Gospel is true.
  • My family loves me.
  • It takes FAITH to live.
  • He wanted me to succeed and I believe he still does.
  • He wanted me HOME but it was not my time at all.
  • He told me that I have a job to do but he didn't tell me what it was.

When I had to say good-bye to Grandma Beth and the other family members it was like that feeling was coming to an end. I didn't want to forget that feeling. It felt like happiness and love. I still remember the feeling, that is where hugs came from. Hugs here don't compare but they are close enough. I went through a sad stage when the ancestors left because I didn't want them to leave. It was the same feeling I have when Maryanne and Katelyn leave every summer.

After having this experience I want to help people understand the gospel and for them to have hope! I want to help people feel loved here like I did there. It makes me want to go on a mission to share the gospel and the love that I felt. I am trying to figure out how to do something small everyday to help people feel loved and not just wait to serve a mission.

If you are feeling bad don't worry; The Church is true, Heavenly Father and Jesus love us. Our families love us even if they have past on and everything happens for a reason.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Maddi. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Maddi. You are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you shared that Maddi! I loved all of it and kept wanting you to tell more and more! You are truly an amazing little girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing!! It reminds me of a book i read called the message ( if you were to die and come back again what message would you bring) He was also in a coma and would go from his body and back to heaven. Just by you sharing your story you have strengthen my testimony. I am sure you will strengthen so many more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post sure makes the rest of us feel better about losing a loved one - knowing they truly are going to a better place! Your words make it seem like more of a real place vs. a "story book" place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that you didn't get to meet Grandma Prince before she passed. She was pretty awesome. Was Grandpa Leland there too? I was 16 when they passed & I lived not too far from them for their last 3 years, before that I didn't really know them either since we lived a long ways away from them. I am glad that you got the chance to see Grandma Beth & hang out with her, even for a short while. Thank you for sharing this!!! You're truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete