Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Best Day Ever as told by Maddi

Hi, my name is Maddi.
I just had a Traumatic Brain Injury in November. The day after Thanksgiving to be exact. But you probably already know that considering you are following my blog. My mom is typing this but I am telling her what to type.

I got to go home today for a few hours. It was the first time I have been home since "Black Friday". Now that name means more than just a good sale! My dad says that next year on Black Friday, no one get to leave the house no matter how good the sale is.

Here are the four things that were good about the trip:
1. I got to be with my sibling, Mason and Brooke
I love them and they are very special. I have missed them a lot.
2. I got to be with dogs.
Fionn licked me to death and Josie was just dying for attention. I loved it!
3. I got to lay down and snuggle with my mom on dad's side of the bed.
I never get lay down on dad's side of the bed because he is usually in it. It felt like I was loved!
4. I got to go to Texas Roadhouse for the first time with my friend Sophie.
I got to visit with a friend that I don't get to see very often. The rolls were also very good!

Here are four not so good things about the trip:
1. I threw up twice because I got car sick.
How gross!! I threw up! It was "busgusting" (as said by Hunter)
2. I only got to stay for a couple of hours.
I was sad about leaving! Oh "sad face" (as said by Brooke)
3. When we went to Texas Roadhouse, my voice was so soft no one could hear me.
I had to repeat myself a lot. It was insanely busy!
4. Having to come back to the hospital.
Makes me sad because I had to leave my dogs and my siblings. BooHOO, sniff, sniff.

When I was in my coma, I remember Jesus came to me and told me to come back to my parents because it was not my time. He told me that he loved me and he wanted me home but it was not my time. He said he wanted me to succeed as well. If you ever have doubts that Heavenly Father loves us, think of this. He knows me so he must know you!

Keep the Faith - as said by Billy Joel!

11 comments:

  1. Maddi, I love you. Thank you for sharing. Aunt Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that post! I am so glad that you are doing so great Maddi! (I'm Brenna's aunt by the way) I got chills reading that last part, I am so glad that you were able to remember that. I can't imagine anything more wonderful then seeing Jesus and remembering it! You are AMAZING!!! Kepp being that wonderful you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following the blog since you got hurt. We have certainly been witness to a miracle. Hearing that Jesuis came to you makes this even more evident. You are an amazing ypoung lady, I wish we lived closer so we could get to know you and your family better.Keep the faith and keep up the good work. You are most certainly loved. Auntie Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH maddi I almost want to cry now! I'v missed you so much but my parents don't have time to take me up there to see you! I so sorry I haven't been but its so good to have you back! I can't wait unti you come home! I love you so much and so does Jordan, Abbey, Nicole, Ashley and Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for sharing that story Maddi, it made me cry (it's a good cry, so it's all good). We are so glad you got to go home, sounds like an awesome visit, (well except the throwing up part). Keep counting down, you so close to being there full time.
    We loved our visit the other day, can't wait to come see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last paragraph made me cry! I love you Maddi and I am so glad I could see you today (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to come home for a short visit. We'll be glad when you are home for good!!we love you!!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maddi, I am so excited you will be home soon. I know that you still will have to be careful and stuff. I've missed you so much. I still have stuff at my house that you left over here the day before thanksgiving. I'll be glad to see you as much as you and your mom allow. You are such a good friend to me. I've been sort of lost at church and YW and around the neighborhood without you. Love you bunches.

    Ari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddi, I have followed this blog since it started, and you are an AMAZING girl. I have a 7 and 5 year old, and can only hope and pray they love Jesus as much as you do. I have not been compelled to comment before this, but let me tell you; your parents have raised a wonderful little girl. To know the love of Jesus and to speak it takes courage and I am so glad HE came to you and told you to go back to your family. You have so much left to do! God bless you, sweetie, and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Praying for you all the way from Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maddi I am one of Brenna's aunts and have been following your blog. What an amazing young women you are and you have been blessed with an amazing family. You have accomplished so much and I love to read how you are doing and how strong you and your family have been thru all of this. I know my Father in Heaven knows each one of us personaly and I can only imagine what it was like to be with him,see him and remember. What a blessing that will be to so many and to you. Thank you so much for sharing.

    thanks
    Sheri Hoth

    ReplyDelete