Sunday, January 30, 2011

Maddi's Song

Maddi's Song...


Here is the song that Maddi wrote with Carrissa during music therapy. It isn't the best recording but it is such a beautiful heart felt song. There is nothing I can say that would add to this post. It would only detract from the simple beauty of her feelings.
Here are the words:
MADDI'S SONG
Having to relearn everything,
Is hard and kind of frustrating.
It makes me sad when things are really hard.
I'm worried about going home,
About my health and if I'll feel alone.
Remembering my life before that day.
CHORUS
I'm happy that I get to see my family,
I am happy that I finally have a voice.
I'm happy that I'm making lots of progress.
Thanks to Mom and Dad,
Primary Children's,
Heavenly Father,
For the miracles.
Having to relearn everything,
Is hard and kind of frustrating.
Getting through the day without forgetting things.
I was proud when I could scratch and move.
I feel like I have things to prove,
That I can do the things I used to do.
CHORUS
But it makes you grateful,
For the things you have.
Though it's hard trials happen for a reason.
CHORUS

10 comments:

  1. Maddi, you have a beautiful voice. Not only in singing, but in writing such beautiful Lyrics. You are an amazing "ninja warrior". I love you. Aunt Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Maddi Awesome. You've come a long way in a short period of time. Keep on trucking.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie girl...we miss you and are so proud of you!! Darren and i have been sick or we would come see you. The kids can't wait! We will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this! It's so heartfelt and sweet. Good luck at home Maddi! We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful.
    It was wonderful to see you at church yesterday. Sorry Belle almost plowed you over, she was so excited...we could have hugged you all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey This is kenna, Your cousin! I just wanted to let you know how gateful i am to have you as my cousin!! You are such a great example to me! I really look up to you! When I heard your song, it was pobaly one of the most beautiful songs i have ever heard!! YOU have such a great spirit, and i love you very much:) talk to you later

    ~kenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been watching your progress since the beginning when you first started on facebook. This song truly brought me to tears, it was absolutely beautiful! You are such an amazing girl Maddie, and I am so happy for you and your family. It has been quite a journey but you are truly one of god's miracle children! God Bless you as you move on in your life, I know you will continue to do amazing things and I wish you nothing but the best. God Bless you and your family!

    Linda Haider from Chinook, Montana

    ReplyDelete