Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm A Survivor


This is Maddi again...

I survived 24 hours with just my Dad, the nurses and my therapists to watch over me, but I did OK.  Dad could only do my hair in a simple pony tail, but he did a good job.  He had to get help with my earrings because he couldn't get them in.  He even got me up on time and to all my therapy sessions without being late, and helped me eat breakfast in record time.  Way to go Dad.

My Mom spent all day at Parent Teacher Conferences, but I know that she would rather be here with me – She told me so.   She will be back with me tomorrow, to save me from my Dad.  Mom you are B-awesome.  As said by the over-fat rodent in the movie Bolt.

My favorite sister Brooke, who is B-awesome, is going on tour with the USU Ballroom Dance Team.  She will not be there when I get home Friday; I will wait for her there.  She will be doing something she loves and I am so proud to have a sister on the USU Ballroom Dance Team.  I love you Brookeeee. 

Mason has been at home keeping the world safe from alien invaders.  Way to go Mason.

My second cousin and her children and my great aunt came to visit today.  It was fun.  My cousin gave me a framed picture of me and some of my girl cousins, taken at my great aunts birthday party.  Don't ask; I won't tell you how old she is. :)

Today they took out my G-Tube.  The G-Tube is where I was fed when I was unable to eat.  My Dad held my hand when they took it out so I would not deflate.  I say that, because the outside part of the G-Tube looks kind of like the plug on a beach ball or air mattress, where you put air in or take air out.  It's a good thing I'm not full of hot air, or I would be a "Flat Maddi" kind of like "Flat Stanley".  For those of you who don't know, "Flat Stanley' is a main character in a book.  When the G-Tube came out it made an embarrassing sound, and I said "excuse me".

9 comments:

  1. Ha!! Sense of humor and all!! Way to go Maddi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got the g tube thingy out!! I am glad you will be home soon and I hope I can see you. I have special present waiting for you when you get home. Love ya bunches.

    Incognito Ari is signing off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me giggle!
    Tell your dad I'm impressed with his hair skills ;)
    Wish I could come see you before you head home. I'm so happy you all get to be together soon!
    And I'm glad you got "deflated" today, you're silly saying excuse me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as funny as ever! I can't wait until your home.
    You always said you got car sick....I will make sure you always have shot gun in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddi you are so cute! Way to stay positive - and way to hold down the fort John. Keep counting, it's almost time to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed you dad could help you with your hair, Mike still needs to learn how to do that :)
    I think I know what picture you are talking about, and that is a very cute picture. We still need to post the picture of you and the girls when we came for our visit, several of them turned out really cute.
    Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had so much fun with you last night. I love Dr. Thomas. Nixon loved the bear with the tennis shoes. We love you and can't wait for you to go home. Aunt Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss Maddi!
    What a great post! I could just hear you saying it as I read it and your funny, sparkly personality is totally evident all over it. I am so excited to see you and give you a big hug - whenever that may be...Love, Sis. Weston

    ReplyDelete
  9. miss u tons maddi!!!!! I hope I get too see u soon!!! I have prayed for u every day since Ur accident!!! I love u!!

    ReplyDelete