Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Band Aid Will Fix It...

The title for this posting has two origins.
First:

Everyone know that band-aids fix everything. No one believed this more than Maddi's big sister Brooke. Band-aids fixed everything from scratches to bug bites to headaches. If Brooke ever got a headache then she needed a band-aid on her forehead. So, here's hoping this shiny band-aid helps fix Maddi's big "Headache" (owie).


Second:

Brooke really likes (or liked when she was younger) this song by "Trout Fishing In America" called "I Think I'll Need a Band-Aid". And, since Maddi addores Brooke and Band-Aids fix everything...

There's a scratch on my finger from the cat.
I was only petting him, who'd have thought he'd do that?
And it doesn't feel good, and there's a sliver of wood
From the bench in the park where I sat.

Chorus:
So I think I'll need a bandaid (need a bandaid),
Or maybe three or four (or five or six or more)
And a bottle of that spray stuff we just got at the store.
Some sticky tape, a roll of gauze, and if you'd be so kind,
A washcloth and a piece of ice, but not the iodine.
No iodine.

There's a bump on my head from the wall.
I hit it when I was playing with the beachball.
I was climbing in a tree when I fell and skinned by knee.
It hurt, but I didn't cry at all.

Chorus

There's a hole in the sleeve of my shirt
On my arm there's a scrape and some dirt.
My friends were very sad, but I said it's not too bad.
As a matter of fact it doesn't even hurt yet.

Chorus (twice)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! What a wonderful big sister Maddi has!! You have a great family. Maddi looks good!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with your lyrical memory! Brittney was quite pleased about the band aid. She's still worried that her dear head is aching. She's also very concerned about Maddi's hand. Brittney had an IV drip in place for a week this past spring and she remembers how much it bothered her. She's hoping and praying that Maddi's hand won't hurt. Band aids may not help her, but our prayers, kisses and all of your, and her, hard work will!

    ReplyDelete