Thursday, December 2, 2010

Feeling Better

The ventilator is out! That feels so much better. She looks more like herself and she is breathing easily on her own.

That being done the movement is all towards rehab. Probably tomorrow she will be moved to the NeuroTrauma Unit which means she won’t be in the PICU any more.


We really are unable to to know anything until she wakes. The waiting is hard but at least we feel like we are making progress.

The rehab team is extremely hopeful about her purposeful movements, her processing time to comply to commands and the things that she is doing. They gave us a book about Traumatic Brain Injury. It looks like a college 1010 course book.

I have been thinking about going back to school but I wasn’t thinking TBI training. I am glad I know a lot about how to access the brain so I guess the journey begins.

1 comment:

  1. That's good news Bev. I would imagine having her out of PICU will be more comfortable for everyone. We are continuing our prayers for Maddi. She is almost constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope to be able to see all of you soon. It's been quiet here without Maddi. I was with some of the girls in our ward last night. Everyone was working together to get the word our about Maddi. And even though the girls were having a good time, it wasn't the same without Maddi there. I think between her and Ari the two of them must really cause some comic relief. I get the distinct impression from Ari that when she and Maddi are together in Sunday school or YW they can be a little silly together...ha ha. Funny girls. I am looking forward to seeing all those girls together again with Maddi. And it will happen. I know it. Stay strong. You truly are an inspiration to me. We love Maddi and are hopeful about her progress.

    ReplyDelete