Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Today

Just a short update. When we got to the Unit today we were talking to the nurse and the Doctor. She is doing really well. She is coughing and taking care of the gunk on her own and doesn't need much intervention for that any more.

She tried to sit up a little bit today! YEAH!

They have clamped the draining tube from her brain and her cranial pressure has stayed under 10. They will do another CT scan tomorrow and then the drain can come out

She was a little dehydrated so they gave her some more fluids. Her little mouth is all cut up from the braces. I put some salve on the inside of her mouth. It made me feel better. She wasn't as impressed for sure. I think it will help in the long run. Her lips are looking so much better after putting the Bert's Bees chap stick on them as well.

We got her some new socks from the "Nisser". I know that it isn't Sunday morning but she needed something new. With her fashion sense having the drab hospital gown would be unacceptable. Now, she at least has her mis-matched fuzzy socks.

The password is: The 3 Broomsticks. John and I think some strong butter beer sounds about right!

5 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I read this post. Keep up the good work Maddi! Will she be able to have visitors soon because I'd really like to come see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I am excited that she seems to be coming along. I can't wait to hear what she will say when she is able to speak. Knowing Maddi, she is saving up all those words in her head so she can start talking a mile a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news! I love that she's keeping her eyes open. Maddi has been constantly in our prayers. I miss her bubbly enthusiasm at YW and am looking forward to the day we can welcome her back with hugs and balloons and open arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Always happy to hear a bit of good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey i'm so glad to here that Maddi is doing better ny science class made cards today and they will be sent soon! Hope she keeps doing better! bets of luck!

    ReplyDelete